Disclaimer: This page may contain affiliate links. CoinMarketCap may be compensated if you visit any affiliate links and you take certain actions such as signing up and transacting with these affiliate platforms. Please refer to Affiliate Disclosure
What is Clearpool?
Clearpool is a Decentralized Capital Markets Ecosystem, where institutional borrowers can access unsecured loans directly from the DeFi ecosystem. Clearpool introduces a dynamic interest model driven by market supply and demand forces.
Liquidity providers on Clearpool can earn attractive yields, with pool interest rates enhanced by additional LP rewards paid in CPOOL - Clearpool's utility and governance token.
Clearpool LP tokens, called cpTokens, are the building blocks for a system of tokenized credit that will provide Clearpool LPs with risk management and hedging capabilities.
As more institutions begin to realize the benefits that decentralized finance can bring to their organizations, Clearpool will provide the new architecture to facilitate flows between the $120 trillion traditional capital markets, and the burgeoning DeFi ecosystem.
The CPOOL Token
- CPOOL is the utility and governance token for the Clearpool protocol.
- CPOOL holders will vote on the whitelisting of new borrowers, a process that will qualify participants to earn additional CPOOL through an incentive reward scheme.
- CPOOL staking will be a required action for borrowers, who must stake an amount of CPOOL to access the area of the protocol where they can make a proposal to be whitelisted.
Liquidity providers earn additional CPOOL rewards, enhancing pool interest rates to attractive levels.
- Clearpool will announce a buyback program, where a share of protocol revenue will be used to buy CPOOL in the open market, to perpetually sustain reward pools.
How Many Clearpool Coins Are There in Circulation?
Clearpool launched its token on April 28, 2021 with a fixed supply of 1 billion CPOOL tokens created at genesis. The initial supply of tokens in circulation is 41,375,000 CPOOL. Detailed tokenomics can be found here:
Who Are the Founders of Clearpool?
Clearpool is the brainchild of Robert Alcorn and Alessio Quaglini who used to be former colleagues at a bank and who both have extensive experience in leading cryptocurrency projects and firms.
Clearpool’s management team consists of highly experienced professionals from traditional finance, fintech, consumer startup, and blockchain technology backgrounds.
Robert Alcorn, CFA - CEO
- 20+ years of business experience
- 12 years experience in global financial markets
- Expertise in capital markets, liquidity and collateral management and collateral trading
CFA charterholder and MIT Fintech Future Commerce graduate. Early adopter of bitcoin and cryptocurrency
Jakob Kronbichler - CCO
- Track record of launching and scaling various startups for Rocket Internet in multiple countries
- Expert in business development and go-to-market strategy
- Experienced in alternative lending during management role at Aspire, SEAs leading business Neobank
Pavel Ivanov - CTO
- Blockchain developer with 11 years experience, 5 years of experience leading teams
-Competed at and won multiple hackathons including winning at ETH Waterloo 2017 and 2018
The live Clearpool price today is $0.115739 USD with a 24-hour trading volume of $2,822,861 USD. We update our CPOOL to USD price in real-time. Clearpool is up 1.90% in the last 24 hours. The current CoinMarketCap ranking is #560, with a live market cap of $52,434,569 USD. It has a circulating supply of 453,041,616 CPOOL coins and a max. supply of 1,000,000,000 CPOOL coins.