Ara Blocks community
Ara Blocks news
About Ara Blocks
What Is Ara (ARA)?
Ara is an open source decentralized content platform designed to reward fans for buying and hosting content directly from creators and publishers with no middle man. The platform consists of multiple layers, including an content delivery optimized P2P file system where peers are rewarded for hosting any type of digital content they purchase, a decentralized identity system, a smart contract driven rewards protocol for ensuring peers are paid for hosting content as purchases are being made, and publishing / peering of content through a locally hosted file manager.
ARA is the native utility token that is used for:
- Purchasing content on the platform (alongside other cryptocurrencies in the future).
- Receiving rewards for hosting and delivering content to others wanting to consume the content.
- Used for governance votes to determine how network resources are allocated.
ARA tools include:
- The Ara File Manager, which allows for publishing any type of digital content (games, movies, TV, documents, songs, albums, etc), setting metadata, and setting purchase prices.
- The Ara File System, which allows for easily packaging up individual pieces of content or collections of files, running remote updates, versioning, and more.
- Ara Identity, which is an implementation of DIDs, or Decentralized Identifiers, which allows users to interact with services in the Ara network. A DID document in JSON format is called a DDO (DID document object).
- Ara Rewards, which ensure that each peer hosting and delivering content to other consumers is rewarded tokens for their network and storage resources, and ensuring high availability of content.