What Is Moonriver (Moonriver)?
Moonriver is a smart-contract blockchain on Kusama that strives to provide compatibility with the existing Ethereum developer toolchain and network. It is intended to be a companion network to Moonbeam, where it will provide a permanently incentivized canary network. New code will ship to Moonriver first, where it can be tested and verified under real economic conditions. Once proven, the same code will ship to Moonriver on Polkadot.
It does this by providing a full EVM implementation, a Web3-compatible API, and bridges that connect Moonriver to existing Ethereum networks.
This allows developers to deploy existing Solidity smart contracts and DApp frontends to Moonriver with minimal changes.
What is River (RIVER)?
As a decentralized smart contract platform, Moonriver requires a utility token to function. River is central to the design of Moonriver and cannot be removed without sacrificing essential functionality. The Moonriver token uses include:
- Supporting the gas metering of smart contract execution
- Incentivizing collators and powering the mechanics around the creation of a decentralized node infrastructure on which the platform can run
- Facilitating the on-chain governance mechanism, including proposing referenda, electing council members, voting, etc.
- Paying for network transaction fees
Moonriver tools and integrations include:
- Ethereum developer tools such as Metamask, Remix IDE, web3.js, Ethers.js, Truffle and other toolkits such as Polkadot.js apps
- Oracle integrations such as Chainlink, Band Protocol, Razor, and DIA Protocol
- API & Infrastructure integrations: Onfinality, Covalent
- Wallets: Mathwallet, Polkadot.js, Metamask, AirGap
- Partnerships with other Polkadot chains: Acala, Polkadot’s relay chain, Equilibrium, Kilt, Phala, Crust
- Bridges: Chainbridge, Ren, Interlay, Snowfork, Axelar
- Block explorers - Subscan, Polkadot.js, Blockscout*
- DeFi Protocols: Balancer, SushiSwap, Offshift, IDEX, Linear Finance, Injective Protocol
- Assets & Issuance Partners: Ocean Protocol, AllianceBlock, AMPnet, Poolz, Polkastarter and Kilt
- DApps: Human Protocol, Polkacover, BePro
What are the tokenomics of River?
- There will be a total supply of 10 million RIVER tokens once the Moonriver Network launches with a yearly inflation rate of 5%.
- A more detailed summary of the allocation of River tokens can be found here: https://moonbeam.foundation/river-token/