About the Moonbeam ICO
What Is Moonbeam (GLMR)?
Moonbeam is a smart-contract blockchain on Polkadot that strives to provide compatibility with the existing Ethereum developer toolchain and network.
To learn more about this project, check out our deep dive of Moonbeam.
It does this by providing a full EVM implementation, a Web3-compatible API, and bridges that connect Moonbeam to existing Ethereum networks.
This allows developers to deploy existing Solidity smart contracts and DApp frontends to Moonbeam with minimal changes.
What is Glimmer (GLMR)?
As a decentralized smart contract platform, Moonbeam requires a utility token to function. Glimmer is central to the design of Moonbeam and cannot be removed without sacrificing essential functionality. The Moonbeam token uses include:
- Supporting the gas metering of smart contract execution
- Incentivizing collators and powering the mechanics around the creation of a decentralized node infrastructure on which the platform can run
- Facilitating the on-chain governance mechanism, including proposing referenda, electing council members, voting, etc.
- Paying for network transaction fees
Moonbeam tools and integrations include:
- Ethereum developer tools such as Metamask, Remix IDE, web3.js, Ethers.js, Truffle and other toolkits such as Polkadot.js apps
- Oracle integrations such as Chainlink, Band Protocol, Razor, and DIA Protocol
- API & Infrastructure integrations: Onfinality, Covalent
- Wallets: Mathwallet, Polkadot.js, Metamask, AirGap
- Partnerships with other Polkadot chains: Acala, Polkadot’s relay chain, Equilibrium, Kilt, Phala, Crust
- Bridges: Chainbridge, Ren, Interlay, Snowfork, Axelar
- Block explorers - Subscan, Polkadot.js, Blockscout*
- DeFi Protocols: Balancer, SushiSwap, Offshift, IDEX, Linear Finance, Injective Protocol
- Assets & Issuance Partners: Ocean Protocol, AllianceBlock, AMPnet, Poolz, Polkastarter and Kilt
- DApps: Human Protocol, Polkacover, BePro
What are the tokenomics of Glimmer?
There will be a total supply of 10 million GLMR tokens once the Moonbeam Network launches with a yearly inflation rate of 5%. A more detailed summary of the allocation of Glimmer tokens can be found here: https://moonbeam.foundation/glimmer-token/
When will GLMR be available for purchase?
There will be a public sale for Glimmer in Q3 2021, followed by an exchange listing.