Hashflow is a multichain decentralized exchange (DEX) that enables users to trade digital assets on leading blockchains including Ethereum, Arbitrum, Avalanche, BNB Chain, Optimism, and Polygon in just a matter of seconds. Hashflow leverages a request for quote (RFQ) model to provide traders with guaranteed price quotes directly from professional market makers (PMM). Since launching in April 2021, Hashflow has facilitated over $18B in total trade volume, making it a top 10 DEX.
In 2023, Hashflow announced the Hashverse, a team-based gamified trading platform and DAO experience, conceived in collaboration with Superconductor, founded by the creative minds behind top Hollywood global franchises including Marvel’s Avengers and Captain America, and Universal's Fast & Furious.
Hashflow's team consists of top minds from both web2 and web3 including Airbnb, Amazon, Arbitrum, Booz Allen Hamilton, Creative Artists Agency, Goldman Sachs, Google, Meta, Citadel, Genesis Trading, NASA, NBCUniversal, Twitter, Uber, Vayner3, and more. Backers include Dragonfly Capital, Electric Capital, Coinbase Ventures, Galaxy Digital, GSR, Wintermute Trading, Balaji Srinivasan, Meltem Demirors, Anthony Sassano, and Jason Choi.
What is the utility of HFT?
HFT is the native, governance token for the Hashflow protocol as well as the Hashverse.
50% RevShare for HFT Stakers: Hashflow currently distributes 50% of its monthly revenue generated from trading fees to HFT stakers in its community.
Rewards Boosts in the Hashverse: HFT holders can stake their HFT within the Hashverse and boost their HFT rewards from completing single-player quests.
DAO Governance: Hashflow governance follows a vote-escrow (ve)token model where voting rights are determined based on the amount of HFT staked as well as the duration. Staking HFT grants users the right to vote and manage the future of the Hashflow protocol.
What makes Hashflow unique?
Hashflow leverages an intent-based, Smart Order Routing (SOR) architecture to offer traders:
The Best Prices: SOR routes the trade to find the best possible price.
Deep Liquidity: Access to over $8B in liquidity.
Ability to Trade Every Token: Users can trade all of their favorite assets.
Native Cross-Chain Swaps: Seamlessly swap tokens across your favorite chains (including Ethereum, Arbitrum, and Solana). No bridging required.
Hashflow’s SOR finds the most optimal path across liquidity sources and fills every trade of any size with the best price for users. Through its off-chain RFQ engine, Hashflow will seek competitive price quotes from professional market makers. If for any reason their liquidity is limited, Hashflow will then fetch quotes from additional liquidity sources and route users directly to the best price. The ability to fetch on-chain liquidity from over 50+ on-chain sources also means that users can bypass large fees tied to other front-ends (for example, users can access liquidity and rates on AMMs without having to worry about a 0.15% fee). For trades that are filled via RFQ, Hashflow provides users guaranteed prices, full MEV-protection, and lower gas fees.
Who are Hashflow’s leaders?
Varun Kumar, Founder & CEO
* Varun previously worked as an aerospace engineer for the German Aerospace Center, Udacity, and NASA. He deferred his Ph.D. in Aeronautics and Astronautics at Stanford University.
Victor Ionescu, Co-Founder & CTO
* Victor previously worked at Airbnb, Facebook, and Google, having led large-scale infrastructure projects and managed cross-functional teams. He earned his B.S. in Computer Science & Mathematics from Oxford.
Vinod Raghavan, Co-Founder & COO
* Vinod began his career at Booz Allen Hamilton. Since then, he has held roles with and consulted on C-suite strategic issues for firms such as Morgan Stanley, JPMorgan Chase, Goldman Sachs, Counsyl, and a16z. He is a graduate of Columbia University and Columbia Business School.
Rahsan Boykin, General Counsel
* Rahsan has over 20 years of experience as a corporate attorney specializing in financial services, technology, artificial intelligence/machine learning and blockchain. He previously served as a Senior Counsel and manager of Google Cloud's AI & ML legal team and is currently the General Counsel of Hashflow, a decentralized finance exchange. Prior to joining Google, Rahsan was an inhouse counsel for several top financial services institutions including Citigroup, Goldman Sachs, and GE Capital.
Andrew Saunders, Chief Marketing & Strategy Officer
* Andrew Saunders has 19 years of experience engineering creative campaigns and partnerships for brands including Adidas, Amex, Apple, Chase, Disney, Google, Marvel, Meta, Microsoft, Netflix, and Nike. Prior to Hashflow, he served as Arbitrum’s first Chief Marketing Officer. Prior to web3, Saunders was Amazon HQ’s Global Head of Entertainment and Culture, scaled NBCUniversal’s in-house marketing agency, and was an executive at CAA for 10 years.