Marktdata wordt niet gevolgd
De project is weergegeven als 'niet gevolgde notering'
For more details on the listing tiers, please refer to Listings Review Criteria Section B - (3)
Laminar Live prijsgegevens
What Is Laminar (Laminar)?
Laminar is an open financial platform founded in 2019 that powers margin and synthetic assets trading. The platform is based on Ethereum and uses DeFi building blocks and Flow Protocols to meet the community's needs.
In 2021, the Laminar developer team started to launch Flowchain using Substrate to scale to a high-performance retail chain. As a partner in the Polkadot ecosystem, Flowchain will contribute to this interoperable and scalable blockchain ecosystem. The Substrate-based Laminar Chain connects Polkadot as a parachain in order to strengthen the overall security of Polkadot and the DeFi community.
Who Are the Founders of Laminar?
Ruitao Su is currently co-founder of Acala and CEO of Laminar. He is a former CTO of Centrality, an award-winning software engineer, talented entrepreneur, investor, and advisor to technology companies and startups.
Bette Chen is a co-founder at Acala Network and COO at Laminar Protocol since 2019. She is a visionary product manager and skilled entrepreneur. Chen received academic degrees in Engineering (Software) and Business (MBA). She has impressive experience in management and leadership in the high-tech industry.
Bryan Chen is another co-founder of the Acala Network. He is also the co-founder and CTO of Laminar. Chen is an irreplaceable contributor to the Substrate codebase and a Polkadot Ambassador.
Antonia Chen is Chief Economist at Laminar. Chen holds a Ph.D. in economics and is experienced in tech startups, microeconomics, mathematics research, and token economy design.
Ermal Kaleci holds the position of Senior Software Engineer at the company. Kaleci is a well-known KYC and mobile wallet App developer and an award-winning mobile developer as well.
What Makes Laminar (Laminar) Unique?
Laminar is a decentralized financial protocol that creates an open and reliable trading platform for crypto traders and traditional financial market traders alike. The main goal of the project: to offer modern and competitive business models to financial service providers and strengthen the DeFi ecosystem in general. Here are the main points of development:
- Synthetic Asset: Users can trade various financial assets and earn interest on their holdings. The effectiveness lies in the fact that traders block 100% of the value of an open position, and liquidity providers cover the risks.
- Margin Trading: There is an option to open short and long positions with leverage. The advantages are instant liquidity and limited risks for traders, and the protocol fixes the potential profit.
- Money Market: An integrated option where the user can earn interest in the trading process. The interest rate is floating; it provides a profitability and liquidity guarantee.
It’s worth paying attention to the fact that Laminar offers decentralized margin trading. The platform opens up opportunities for conducting leveraged trading transactions on a decentralized basis and using synthetic digital assets.
The Flow Protocols offer the following features:
- Instant Liquidity: Users trade against smart contracts, which means there is instant and endless liquidity. This happens if the collateral ratio doesn’t fall below the specified liquidation threshold.
- Asset Efficiency: Traders need to provide collateral in the amount of the value of the positions. The rest of the risks are taken by the liquidity providers who receive the transaction fees. In fact, even margin traders can trade against liquidity pools.
- Environment for Trading Experience: Protocols provide transparent pricing and proper counterparty actions that are governed by both the protocol and the community.
- Integrated Money Market: Financial assets deposited by traders and liquidity providers generate interest, which increases liquidity.
Laminar Flow Protocols strive to be blockchain-independent. The platform enables both synthetic and margin trading, which helps to combat opaque pricing and price manipulation in financial markets.
CoinMarketCap talks about the intricacies of Karura and Polkadot here.
What is Acala? Take a deep dive into one of the Polkadot parachains with CMC Alexandria.
What is Web 3.0? Learn about it here.
Check the CoinMarketCap blog for product updates, partnerships, and announcements.
How Many Laminar (Laminar) Coins Are There in Circulation?
As of June 2021, Laminar ERC-20 tokens are not in circulation. Relevant information about the business plan of the cryptocurrency (tokenomics) is also not available. The confirmed specifics on the Initial Token Sale (ICO) weren’t published on the official channels of the project, so the exact details (total supply of Laminar tokens and their distribution) are currently unknown.
How Is the Laminar Network Secured?
Laminar supports the Ethereum smart contract implementation, which acts as a value gateway to fully utilize the DeFi Ethereum ecosystem, providing liquidity and trading diversity. On top of that, for maximum protection, the network uses a PoS (proof-of-stake) mechanism, the significant advantages of which include security, reduced risk of centralization, and energy efficiency.
Where Can You Buy Laminar?
As of June 2021, the Laminar token isn’t listed on any exchanges, so there is no opportunity to buy or trade Laminar tokens at this time. However, stay informed and tap here and find out the complete ICO calendar.
Be sure to learn more about buying crypto — check our extensive guide.
Just in case: Top DeFi Tokens by Market Capitalization.