Volume data is untracked
This project is featured as an 'Untracked Listing'
For more details on the listing tiers, please refer to Listings Review Criteria Section B - (3)
Total assetsReserve data unavailable
Founded in 2014, Liquid.com (“Liquid”) describes itself as a global cryptocurrency platform that provides trading, exchange, and blockchain-based financial services.
With offices in Japan, Singapore, Vietnam, and the USA, Liquid aims to combine a network of local partners with extensive team experience in banking and financial products to deliver best-in-class financial services for its customers. According to the team, Liquid is the world’s largest crypto-fiat platform by transaction volume that is regulated in Japan. Powered by the World Book, which provides customers enhanced price matching and deeper liquidity for various fiat and cryptocurrency pairs, Liquid offers trading services for major cryptocurrencies against fiat currency pairs (e.g. JPY, USD, SGD, AUD, EUR).
Part of its roadmap entails the development of a distributed ledger, which will allow other fintech companies to build DLT-based products and services.
- September 2017 – First global cryptocurrency exchange to be officially licensed by the Japan Financial Services Agency.
- October 2017 – First licensed global cryptocurrency exchange in Japan to launch a global Initial Coin Offering (ICO), also known as the Qash Token Sale.
- November 2017 – Raised 350,000 ETH (approximately USD105 million) through the sale of 350 million Qash to fund the growth of the Liquid platform.
- September 2018 – Quoinex and Qryptos (historical trading platforms) were merged and relaunched as Liquid.
- October 2018 – Featured in KPMG’s Top Fintech 100 list
- April 2019 – Achieved tech unicorn status in the first close of our Series C fundraising, with a valuation of over $1 billion.
Liquid also offers trading features such as:
- Margin trading of up to 100x leverage for select crypto-fiat pairings
- User dashboard for pro traders
- Secure cold wallet storage and KYC compliance for individual and corporate customers
- Proprietary World Book technology that matches orders across global order books, providing access to liquidity pools sourced by a unified platform, Liquid.com
- Liquid Infinity, a Bitcoin Contracts For Difference (CFD) product that provides up to 100x leverage
More information is available at Liquid.com.
On Aug. 19, 2021, Liquid exchange suffered a $90 million hack, and reported that funds in Bitcoin, Ethereum and 67 other crypto assets were stolen from their MPC warm wallet. Liquid has assured that there is no impact on user balances on the exchange, and has since resumed deposits and withdrawals of affected cryptocurrencies. Investors and traders using Liquid exchange can find more information in their full incident report.
No data is available now
Disclaimer: This page may contain affiliate links. CoinMarketCap may be compensated if you visit any affiliate links and you take certain actions such as signing up and transacting with these affiliate platforms. Please refer to Affiliate Disclosure