Total value locked gains 29% over the past week as the DeFi space heats up — find out more in our weekly DeFi roundup.
has been exploited
in a carefully orchestrated strategy, resulting in $47 million lost across five chains, Dopex
launches the Arbitrum Frontier quest campaign and PancakeSwap
announces plans for a revamp of their token, CAKE.
Big week in the world of DeFi
! Let’s dive deeper into what went down in DeFi this past week.
Total value locked
(TVL) across all chains surged higher this week alongside the market as the ETF
decision draws closer. Notable outperformers include zero-knowledge rollup
, which saw a jump of 40%, while smaller outperformer include fellow zk-rollup, StarkNet
, and alt L1
, which both saw increases of around 12%.
0xKun discusses the difficulty in applying traditional investing frameworks in crypto investing and how investors can adapt and play the markets accordingly.
- Traditional value investing is tough as crypto is still in early adoption and future use cases tend to take precedence
- Growth investing mindsets don’t quite work as well since it is hard to project historical growth into the future with such early projects
- Key abilities for successful crypto investing include dealing with volatility well, managing risk to reward and playing off the fear and greed of market participants.
Multi-chain DEX aggregator
, Kyber Network has been exploited for $47 million across Ethereum
, via its concentrated liquidity
solution, Kyber Elastic.
Universal yield marketplace, Superform, introduces itself: a protocol enabling a user to deploy into any number of vaults on any of the eight supported chains, using any token. The platform is built on LayerZero
, Hyperlane and Wormhole, with two bridge
aggregators, Socket and LiFi, under the hood.
Other Product Launches and Updates
- Timeless unveils Bunni V2, an advanced DEX built on top of Uniswap V4, to increase the control that liquidity providers have over the way they provide liquidity to pools through any-shape liquidity, automated shifting liquidity, rehypothecation to earn yield on out of range liquidity, dynamic fees and more.
- Money market protocol, Sturdy, introduces Sturdy V2, which enables isolated lending without the need for isolated liquidity. This is achieved through aggregation via vault protocol, Yearn Finance V3.
- Lending protocol, Beta Finance, deploys Beta Finance Omni, which introduces risk pools, gasless subaccounts and zero liquidity fragmentation to the protocol, enabling greater capital efficiency for borrowers and lenders.
- Revest Finance drops the whitepaper for upcoming project, Resonate, a project designed to bring fixed income real-world assets (RWAs) on-chain, in a fully compliant manner.
protocol, Dopex, partners with Arbitrum, Galxe
to release the Arbitrum Frontier, a DeFi powered quest campaign through protocols such as Camelot
and more. Participants will be eligible for rewards such as a share of the 100K ARB reward pool and a soulbound NFT
, releases blETH, a liquid wrapper representing ETH deposits in Blast, the latest L2 on the market, which have been locked up for the upcoming three months. Upon Blast’s withdrawals, blETH holders will be able to withdraw their ETH along with the expected airdrop
which will also be converted to ETH.
Other Product Launches and Updates
- Dopex launches rDPX v2, enabling rDPX to be bonded with ETH to receive rtETH, a yield bearing derivative token. Users may also deposit ETH directly into a perpetual put vault which will be used to purchase rDPX at a certain threshold.
- Zero-knowledge powered fiat on-ramp solution, ZKP2P, launches on Coinbase L2, Base. The platform currently supports on-ramping via Venmo, with on-ramping taking no more than 60s to complete.
- Movement Labs introduces M2, a Move-based L2 built on Celestia and Celestia’s Blobstream for data availability, enabling high-performance applications and high chain throughput.
- Derivatives platform, Deri V4, is now live on the Arbitrum mainnet. Deri V4 is built on Arbitrum Orbit, Arbitrum’s scaling solution for applications to deploy their own chains within the Arbitrum ecosystem. Deri V4 brings consolidated liquidity, faster execution, lower gas and increased offerings to the platform.
- The EQB/WETH liquidity pool for Pendle yield-booster, Equilibria, has been drained due to a phishing attack on the wallet controlling the liquidity in the pool, resulting in a loss of approximately 141.5 ETH worth in EQB and ETH tokens. A portion of the compromised funds have been seized by OKX and a compensation plan is under discussion.
Multi-chain bridging protocol, Synapse
, now supports the Solana
ecosystem, enabling seamless transfers of SOL, ETH and USDC
between Ethereum mainnet and Solana.
Solana wallet, Phantom, releases cross-chain swaps
within their wallet
, powered by bridges, LiFi and Allbridge
. A portion of the bridged token can also be swapped for SOL to provide for gas tokens on Solana.
Binance Smart Chain
top decentralized exchange
(DEX), PancakeSwap announces plans for the revamped tokenomics
for the CAKE token, with plans to introduce vote-escrow
mechanisms with veCAKE and gauge voting.
Cosmos liquid staking
protocol, Stride Zone
, announces plans for a 250,000 STRD token airdrop to stakers of the DYDX
token in the first two months following the upcoming launch of the stDYDX liquid staking derivative
NFT trading platform, Blur
, wraps up Blur Season 2, airdropping BLUR tokens to traders on the platform and NFT creators. Eligible users will have 45 days to claim their tokens. Blur Season 3 has also begun and will last for the upcoming six months until May 2024.
Binance CEO, CZ, steps down from Binance after six years of leading the largest crypto exchange in the market, ushering in the era of his successor, Richard Teng.
Stay updated on your favorite projects and stay tuned for next week’s edition, and keep supporting your favorite projects, degens!
This article contains links to third-party websites or other content for information purposes only (“Third-Party Sites”). The Third-Party Sites are not under the control of CoinMarketCap, and CoinMarketCap is not responsible for the content of any Third-Party Site, including without limitation any link contained in a Third-Party Site, or any changes or updates to a Third-Party Site. CoinMarketCap is providing these links to you only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement, approval or recommendation by CoinMarketCap of the site or any association with its operators. This article is intended to be used and must be used for informational purposes only. It is important to do your own research and analysis before making any material decisions related to any of the products or services described. This article is not intended as, and shall not be construed as, financial advice. The views and opinions expressed in this article are the author’s [company’s] own and do not necessarily reflect those of CoinMarketCap.