Peercoin & Proof-of-Stake: 10th Anniversary Contest
August 19, 2022 marks the 10th anniversary of both the Peercoin blockchain, and Proof-of-Stake consensus. Over the past decade, Peercoin has proven that it is possible for a blockchain to be secured without dependence on energy consumption from mining. 10 years of stable, sustainable operation (with no downtime) is a testament to the quality of the network, consensus protocol, community, team and overall vision.
How to Participate, Prize Pool & Tasks to Complete
Prize Pool: 8,000 PPC; 500 Total Winners
- Top 10: 100 PPC
- 11-50: 50 PPC
- 51-100: 20 PPC
- 101-500 (Lucky Draw): 10 PPC
- Follow Peercoin on Coinmarketcap: 50 points
- Follow the Peercoin on Twitter: 15 points
- Join Peercoin Telegram group: 15 points
- Join Peercoin Discord server: 15 points
- Tweet about Peercoin anniversary contest and tag 3 friends: 25 points
- Follow Peercoin on Reddit: 15 points
- Subscribe to Peercoin YouTube channel: 15 points
- Add Peercoin wallet address: 5 points
Why Own Peercoin (PPC)? It's Built to Last!
Peercoin is one of the original crypto projects, built with long term sustainability in mind. Ongoing development has maintained and improved the protocol since 2012, while other projects have faltered.
As the first proof-of-stake protocol, Peercoin is a green and sustainable network with many advantages:
- Efficient, resource-light network security
- Decentralized and democratized user governance
- Fair distribution (proof-of-stake for security; proof-of-work for distribution)
- A reliable, time-tested store of value
- Peercoin’s PoS reward model offers a 3-5% reward, depending on how often you participate. Read this tutorial to learn about PPC minting.
In short, owning peercoins makes you a part of one of crypto’s longest-running projects, and gives you a chance to participate in a global consensus process with opportunity for block rewards. With plenty of room for growth, a sustainable network, governance/reward opportunities, and a coin whose value has stood the test of time, you would be wise to join Peercoin’s 10th Anniversary Contest and start minting!