Just over 50% of those polled by Genesis Mining think that Bitcoin will be worth less than $20,000 in 10 years' time.
Bitcoin Price Prediction 2030
We’ve seen some seriously crazy predictions about how much Bitcoin will be worth in the coming years — but a new survey suggests many investors aren’t too confident that BTC will be in six-figure territory by 2030.
According to the Genesis Mining poll of 1,000 people, there’s a pretty even split between those who think the value of Bitcoin will be above the all-time high of $20,089… and those who don’t.
While 50.1% believe the value of Bitcoin will be worth less than $20,000 in 10 years’ time, the remaining 49.9% are upbeat that the world’s biggest cryptocurrency has better days ahead.
Just 4.8% of respondents believe a single Bitcoin is going to be worth $500,000 by 2030 — but the optimists are outnumbered by the 11.8% who think it will have crashed below $1,000.
And overall, just 18.6% of investors are confident that Bitcoin’s price will exceed $50,000 — the smallest amount in the survey of Bitcoin price prediction 2030.
Bulls argued Bitcoin adoption has much more room for growth, that there’s declining trust in alternative currencies, and a major economic depression could fuel a rise in investment.
But bears fear that a multitude of factors could send the cryptocurrency’s value tumbling. Most of those who predicted that Bitcoin’s price will fall said they are concerned about the threat of regulation, the prospect of governments banning Bitcoin, and BTC being replaced by another cryptocurrency or a central bank digital currency. Genesis Mining said:
“In a time when two people could disagree about the color of the sky, this sort of polarization regarding the future of Bitcoin seems only fitting.”