CoinMarketCap launches its very own ChatGPT plugin, bringing together CMC's real-time crypto data with ChatGPT's AI-powered language model.
Imagine having the power to get immediate answers to complicated crypto questions like:
- “How correlated are Bitcoin and Ethereum in 2023?”
- “Does Bitcoin typically perform better on weekdays or weekends?”
- “What was Bitcoin's performance in the month leading up to the US elections for the past 3 election cycles?”
Even with advanced crypto tools, fetching the newest information, pulling data from different platforms, and understanding it all can be quite tough.
Now, there’s a much quicker and easier way to get the answers you need.
Introducing: The CoinMarketCap ChatGPT Plugin
The CoinMarketCap ChatGPT Plugin is the first of its kind, bringing together the power of CMC data with the magic of ChatGPT.
It’s like you’ve been given your own crypto analyst intern, always on hand to crunch the latest data and help answer the toughest questions. Sure, the intern doesn’t always get everything 100% right, but they are super eager to learn and will happily take on any task you give them. And best of all, this intern will never be on a lunch break when you need them the most!
Here are some of the things your very own CMC ChatGPT Crypto Intern can do for you:
- Analyze the performance of different crypto assets: We asked ChatGPT to find the correlation between Bitcoin’s and Cardano’s price (Link to chat), analyze Bitcoin’s price performance after each halving event (Link to chat), and analyze whether more liquidity is bullish or bearish (Link to chat).
- Analyze global market patterns: ChatGPT found patterns in crypto during significant economic and social events (Link to chat) and checked BTC price performance in the lead-up to US presidential elections (Link to chat).
- Analyze correlations between tokens and metrics: ChatGPT checked the correlation between different token distribution models and price volatility (Link to chat) and analyzed the correlation between popular ERC-20 tokens and ETH (Link to chat).
- Give specific prompts. For instance, if you want table formatting, tell ChatGPT “Put data into a table.”
- Ask the tool to refine its work. If you get faulty returns, run the “think step by step” prompt. Or, try asking ChatGPT to “give me a PHD level answer.”
- Work off examples. Use the examples provided above to begin with. Shorten the learning curve by applying what has worked.
The premium version of ChatGPT4 powers the CMC Plugin with real time, up-to-the-minute crypto data. And remember, the more you ask your AI-intern, the wiser it gets. Feed it enough queries and soon it’ll be smarter than a caffeinated analyst with 8 keyboards and a wall of monitors!
So the only remaining question is: what will you name your AI crypto intern?
How To Access the CMC-Plugin on ChatGPT (GPT-4)
To use the CoinMarketCap plugin, you will need a ChatGPT Plus subscription ($20/month), which will give you access to GPT-4.
1. Head to https://chat.openai.com and select the GPT-4 tab. Click on “Plugins”
2. In the plugin store, search for “CoinMarketCap”
3. Install the CoinMarketCap plugin
4. Go back to the GPT-4 tab and select the CoinMarketCap plugin
5. You will now see the CMC logo in GPT-4. Your crypto AI-intern is now ready to take on any research tasks!