CoinMarketCap has its own version of Wikipedia called CMC Glossary.
What’s something people use regularly but do not really appreciate?
Roads. The sewage system. Wikipedia.
Wikipedia is one of the biggest sites on the internet. There is practically no one who has not used it a few times. It contains a vast trove of human knowledge on every topic imaginable, available for free to anyone with an internet connection. Yet most take it for granted, not fully appreciating the power of having so much information at their fingertips.
The CoinMarketCap Glossary.
With over 1200 terms and counting, the CMC Glossary is the perfect resource for anyone looking to deepen their knowledge of the crypto space. It covers everything from the most basic concepts to highly technical terms even advanced users may not fully grasp.
What Does CMC Glossary Cover?
The Glossary covers:
- Key concepts and terms that are essential for understanding the crypto market.
- Technical terms used in crypto.
- Links and references to other articles, where you can learn more.
What Can You Learn From CMC Glossary?
All the terms that beginner, intermediate and advanced crypto users have to know. For example…
- If you’re a beginner, you should know terms like decentralized exchange, DeFi, tokenomics or proof-of-work. You will see these very often when learning about new protocols or blockchains.
- If you have intermediate knowledge of crypto for a while, you may need to look up terms like account abstraction, call options, censorship resistance or nonces. The glossary will help you understand the details of crypto and deepen your knowledge.
- If you’re an advanced crypto user, the glossary explains terms like off-chain governance, selfish mining or zero confirmation transaction.
How To Use CMC Glossary
Click on the term and you will find a definition between 300 and 800 words, depending on how complex or broad the term is. You can also click on one of the social icons to share it on Twitter or Facebook or to copy the link to the definition.
How Many Terms Are There on CMC Glossary?
As of September 2023, the glossary contains over 1200 crypto-related terms and definitions. And that number grows bigger every week. With new projects and innovations launching constantly in the fast-paced crypto industry, there are always new words being added to keep the glossary updated.
I Want To Look Up A Term But It’s Missing
Can I Learn New Terms Bit By Bit?
Absolutely. In addition to searching the glossary manually, CoinMarketCap also tweets out ‘term of the day’ on its Twitter (X) account. Following along is a great way to gradually learn new crypto vocabulary.
Got it, What Do I Do Now?
Now that you know about the power of the CMC Glossary, start looking up terms today! There is no better way to deepen your crypto knowledge than turning to this comprehensive wiki-style glossary any time an unknown term pops up.
With over 1200 definitions and more added all the time, you can become a crypto expert by regularly referencing the glossary. It makes understanding new innovations and concepts a breeze.