With CoinMarketCap's new crypto watchlist features, you can have more than one watchlist, as well as follow your friends (and they can follow right back)!
CoinMarketCap has released a newly updated watchlist for keeping track of your favorite coins. Your watchlist will sync between your mobile app and your laptop, making sure that you always know how your coins are doing.
How to Make the Best Use of CoinMarketCap’s Watchlist
Now, it’s time to start using the new watchlist! Here is a step-by-step guide to using the CoinMarketCap watchlist.
Step 1: Upgrade to the Current Watchlist
If you have been using our watchlist feature before this upgrade, there are two ways of storing your watchlist — either on your local machine (laptop, desktop) or stored with your account.
If we detect that you have local stored watchlist data existing, we’ll require you to make a decision of how we should deal with the old data when you first arrive on the new watchlist.
There will be three options for you:
- Merge watchlists: if this option is selected, we will take your local watchlist + account-stored watchlist and make it one watchlist for your future use.
- Keep local watchlist: if this option is selected, we will then discard your account watchlist and only keep your local watchlist for your future use.
- Keep account watchlist: if this option is selected, same idea as the previous option that only your account watchlist will be kept.
Please note once the decision is made, the data cannot be restored — so make your choice carefully!
Reminder: the difference between your “local” watchlist and your “account” watchlist is that one was stored just on your laptop, while the other was associated with your account — under the new watchlist, you’ll have just one watchlist across all devices!
Step 2: Create Your Own Watchlist
The CoinMarketCap watchlist is a good way for you to track coins you care about. You can build your own watchlist from these following spots:
Or from the “+Add Coins” button on the upper right corner:
Once you click on the add coin buttons, you can search your favorite coins from the pop-up:
- You can also add coins from the coin listings page from the ⭐️ in the front of a coin when you browse
- ⭐️s also appear on coin detail pages — when you check out the details of a coin and find it interesting, you can also add that coin directly to your watchlist.
Please note if you add coins from the B and C options above, coins will only be added to the “Main” watchlist (this will be explained below)!
Your CoinMarketCap Watchlists
This new version of watchlist provides some new features that you might have been long expecting!
From here, you can also duplicate/copy a watchlist, or remove/delete a watchlist.