In other news, a Goldman Sachs executive has quit after reportedly making millions of dollars from Dogecoin.
Dogecoin has recouped a substantial chunk of its losses after Elon Musk asked his 53.9 million followers whether Tesla should accept the joke cryptocurrency as a payment method.
On Twitter, the electric vehicle manufacturer’s “technoking” had written:
“Do you want Tesla to accept DOGE?”
More than 1.5 million people have already cast a vote in the 24-hour poll. At the time of writing, 76.7% of respondents have said yes, with the remaining 23.3% choosing no.
At present, the cheapest car that Tesla offers — a Model 3 — would set you back 73,729 DOGE.
SHIB Rivalry Heats Up
All of this comes as “Dogecoin killer” SHIB continues to bark its way up the rankings. Now No. 17 in the CoinMarketCap top 100, it has risen by 1,854% in the past week and currently has a price of $0.00003365.
The meme coin, which started as an experiment to create a spontaneous decentralized community, was listed in Binance’s high-risk innovation zone yesterday, and is now also available on OKEx. Jay Hao, the exchange’s CEO, said:
“We are pleased to welcome Shiba Inu to the OKEx platform. I appreciate their experimental spirit, which is exactly what the blockchain and crypto space needs.”